If you’re like most Americans, you probably have some type of fear of going to the dentist. Dental anxiety is very common and its okay to be scared. Here at Gaston Dental Associates in Gastonia, North Carolina want you to know that we are here for you in any way that you need us to. In this article we are going to be discussing ways to overcome your dental anxiety while you’re in the office.
Ways to Overcome Dental Anxiety
- Talk to us – We are always here for our patients and strive to give them the best care possible. We take pride in our work, and we treat each of our patients as if they are family. We want you to know that you don’t need to be afraid to express your feelings and your dental anxiety with us. Talking it out and letting us know what scares you the most, if it’s the needle part or the whole visit, talking it out is a great way to get it off your chest.
- Bring someone with you – You can always bring someone with you to the office that will help you with your fear. Bringing someone with you can help relax you. They can sit in the room with you during the exam.
- Play some relaxing music – Get your earbuds and listen to your favorite music while you’re at the office. Listing to music will distract your mind from what is going on in the exam room.
- Breathe – Take deep breaths, inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth slowly, this will relax your muscles and slow your heartbeat.
- Don’t be afraid to ask us for a small break – We will ease you into the process and if you need to take a break at any time during the procedure don’t hesitate to let us know.
Now that you know some of the ways to treat your dental anxiety, put it to the test. Give us a call, or come in and visit us. Here at Gaston Dental Associates in Gastonia, North Carolina we give the best care possible and want to make sure you are comfortable during your appointment. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call us.