Part II: 8 More Dental Care Tips from Our Gastonia Dentists to Create an Amazing Smile
Welcome back for Part II of getting some helpful and easy to do dental care tips from our Gastonia dentists. Let’s continue with 8 more great tips:
- While it can take time each day, you need to brush and floss. Dedicating a few minutes every day will pay off. This consistent maintenance is the most important part of caring for your teeth. It’s simple, cheap, and doesn’t take that much time.
- Taking fluoride supplements can also strengthen teeth. If you have problems with your gums, or cannot keep your teeth white, taking fluoride is something that may help. Still, be careful. One sign of too much fluoride is yellow spots on your teeth. If this happens, stop taking supplements and eliminate other sources of fluoride in your diet.
- You should not forget to brush your tongue right after brushing your teeth. Food that remains on your tongue can allow bacteria to form. This isn’t very healthy and may give you bad breath too.
- Visit your Gastonia family dentist Going often will make sure that your teeth stay in good condition. The dentist is trained in identifying problems early on and can guide you in the right direction. These problems can grow into something much bigger without treatment.
- If you happen to have a tooth or teeth knocked out, don’t throw away the tooth or teeth. Rinse your tooth off so that it’s clean. Don’t remove tissues attached to the end of the tooth. If you cannot put it back in, place the tooth in a small amount of milk and try to get to a dentist immediately.
- Brush your tongue, also. People often overlook the tongue while brushing; however, it is an important part of your dental health, just like your teeth. There are lots of different types of bacteria that are on your tongue. Neglecting these bacteria can cause serious problems and give you bad breath.
- In recent years, there have been a number of effective over-the-counter products for whiting your teeth. You can check out the dental care section of many different stores. Once you find the one you want to try, the key is to stick with it. Always pay special attention to the directions, because not doing so can lead to a less than desirable outcome.
- There are certain types of foods that you should include into your diet in order to improve your teeth. For instance, it is a great idea to focus on dairy products, as these contain calcium. Nuts also provide calcium and they contain healthy fats. Another food group you should be including is meat, which provides your gums with the protein it requires in order to heal properly.
Practicing good oral hygiene will improve your appearance and your health. However, it is important that you find a good dentist to help you take care of those pearly whites. To care for your mouth, learn from this advice from your family dentist in Gastonia.
For the best dental care in Gastonia, visit Gaston Dental Associates at 816 East Franklin Blvd. Gastonia, NC 28054.